Thursday, November 8, 2012

It was one of those mornings..



I woke up to my cat drinking out of the toilet bowl.

I had to remind her that she has a bowl full of water right next to her food bowl in the kitchen. Silly kitty, I think she just likes the thrill. She's a thrill seeker.



I also had a bowl full of something, but it wasn't water. It was persimmons. And being a thrill seeker
myself I wanted to try to make a smoothie that would be perfect for the fall 
weather and help me use these beautiful persimmons. 

I found this delicious recipe here at Healthy Green Kitchen and I was so inspired by it I had to try it! Lucky me, I had all of the yummy ingredients! 


It was very, very easy to make and I have found that many different versions can be made for differing tastes. More fluid, thicker, more ginger, more coconut. It really is a "have it your way"smoothie. 
I like mine with more ginger and of a more fluid consistency. The first few I had were thicker, but I like the thinner version. 

So if you are fortunate enough to live in an area where persimmons are plentiful, give this autumn smoothie a try! 

So do you like persimmons? Have you ever tried them?

 Give this recipe a try.

Ingredients:

-2 very ripe Hachiya persimmons (These persimmons are the very soft kind, they blend well)
-1 cup organic coconut milk (I opted for using my coconut powder; see directions) 

 -pinch of ground ginger


-pinch of ground cardamom-optional



Blend all ingredients,  (I use a Braun Multiquick Hand blender) and a some ice or extra coconut milk for desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment