Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homemade Apple Cider...

I wanted to use some apples that I bought from the farmer's market at the corner but didn't have time for a pie, yet... I'll find time to make an apple pie... don't doubt that. 
So I decided to go for a batch of homemade apple cider. Crisp, sweet, and perfect for the oncoming fall weather that I'm so excited about! 


Basic necessities: Sugar, cinnamon, honey (or maple syrup) and some nutmeg for extra spice.


I used only about 5 of these apples and pulled about a quarter of a gallon (give or take). 



Slice them, 

stick them into your juicer, and then you have cider! 

I wanted to try it hot so I put it in a pan on the stove. I suggest straining the froth off of the top so it doesn't appear to be curdling. 


Next time I'm going to make Mulled Apple Cider like the one from The Pioneer Woman

Drinking cider makes me cherish fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment